Pages

Monday 16 December 2013

The beast in you

I love you for better or worse
Is that just something you remember when its rosy?
Or its something that the meaning changes when its challenging?
I believed you yesterday, when you said you loved me
But I don't know what to believe today
And I don't know what I will believe tomorrow
Even after the elephant in the room leaves

How can I forget the look of horror on your face when I told you he left something in me
How can I forget your words..
"I refuse to let you breed a stranger"
A stranger you call it but I'm not too sure it is.
How can you say that?, I say
How can I not?
You have the right to your body
You have the right not to let a stranger be imposed on you
It is pure evil that will eat you alive

I'm tired of crying
I'm tired of my voice been drowned in yours
It is the lesser of two evils. I assure you!
But you stopped assuring me the minute you rejected me
Yes! It's me you rejected because you can't love what's a part of me
It doesn't even have a life yet
A lie you tell to convince yourself
It will always feel inferior
So why not "nip it in the bud"?!
Its only the logical thing to do
Define logical and let me define mine

Who says it doesn't have a life yet?
Maybe it doesn't to you
But it did to me the day I found out about it
"Nip it in the bud", who gives you the right to play God?
Have you forgotten who gives life and takes it away?
Have you forgotten its a life with potentials?
Or you want to agree with those, that say its only a potential life
Just to justify evil?
You say it will feel inferior. like you care
Speak for yourself! You selfish specie
Should a child pay for the sins of the father?

You say I have a right to my body but, what of its right?
Does it not have a right to life?
Who is to decide whose right is more important?
Why are you trying to play God?
"It will be a constant reminder of the monster that violated you"
Yes it will be! But do you only tell yourself that, so you can sleep at night?
Its hard on me but its harder on you
"I watched him destroy our lives. I could not even do anything to help you"
I understand but will being a murderer change that night?

I'm not asking you to weather the storm with me
Although I'd rather you do
But if its too much for you, freely leave
I promise not to hold it against you.
But if you chosse to stay,
If you choose love over logic,
Then hold my hand while I bring it to life
Hold my hand when I look at its face and cry
Hold my hand to show me your love is unconditional
Remember though, when its years from now and you wake up feeling tired,
Remember I gave you a choice
And you stayed
For I would have done this alone if you chose to leave.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share what you think about the article/story you just read. Slante!