Pages

Wednesday 27 November 2013

A glimpse of you...

Where do you see us going?, you say to me.
What I’m I to say?
That I don’t know?
And risk losing you?
Or that I know?
And put my heart at risk?

I dread not the cold of the winter
When the wind so blows it carries me with it
I need not hold a pole so the wind won’t throw me away
For your strong hands pull me back before the wind takes me to a place I know not.
I would go out and want to come back home
Because I know home is you
But what do I do when today home is you and tomorrow, home is away?

I never knew I had sucked in my breath for so long
 until another showed me to breathe
I never knew you would be the one to give my heart love and take it away so fiercely
A fool you have become, I say to myself
The tears I cry every time you leave becomes long forgotten when I catch a glimpse of you

There just might be hope for us, I say to myself
A minute later, you don’t hesitate in changing your mind
And taking the hope with you.
A fool I have become as I have forgotten how to be me
Or maybe I never knew me before you came along
I tell myself to hold on
Tomorrow will be different
We will be happy tomorrow

Where do you see us going? 
Is there even a “us”?
I thought there was only you and i
Tomorrow I will be strong and not run back to you
A promise I forget I made when I catch a glimpse of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share what you think about the article/story you just read. Slante!