Pages

Monday 19 May 2014

Entry 5 (I dont want you to know, I want you to know)

Ooooooook … This is going to be strange for me because, I am not a writer but I’ll give it a shot. I am a very complicated person and just like every other person, there are things I won’t want others to know about me and there are things I will want people to know. 

          I DON’T WANT YOU TO KNOW that I am scared of commitment. Wow! Yes! I really am scared of commitment. I have dated about 5 girls and none of my relationships literally lasted more than 3 months. I remember there was one that lasted for 5 months and this was because there was no means of communicating that it was over. I hate the word ‘NO’. You cannot imagine how much I hate the word NO. My fear of NO makes me not ask my dad for something’s but I got over it. I am his child, he cannot kill me.
 I am scared of misleading people. Unlike most people, I don’t just give advice. Even if I do, I tell them to follow their heart at the end. . I don’t want someone to wake up the next morning and say ‘that’s the guy who gave me a wrong advice’. I am scared of teaching people the wrong thing even when I know the answer. So I say, ‘I am not so sure’ after teaching. I am scared of being a disappointment to my parent. Unlike some people who don’t have respect for their parent, I have the utmost respect for mine; that is one reason I don’t do drugs. Fact is, if I do drugs and they find out, they will shout but, they can’t kill me for it. However, deep down I know they will be disappointed.

 I am scared of losing pretty girls. Yeah I know that’s weird but, who wants to lose pretty girls? I love girls (L.M.A.O. That does not make me a ‘girl maniac’. I am just being truthful). I don’t know why but, my heart beats faster when am making out with someone and this is weird because I have done this a billion times so why am I nervous?! I hate public embarrassment. For heaven’s sake, if you want to embarrass me, do it in private. I love my parents because, they will never embarrass me in public but for people who try to do it, I always have a response for them. 

I hate being ignored. I mean who likes being ignored? Maybe some people are okay with it but, I am not one of those people. I hate being pushed away. I am scared my future might not turn out as planned … ‘what if I am not wealthy?’ ‘What if I am not happy?’ ‘What if all the girls I have messed with come back to haunt my ass in future?’ Okay, on a serious note, I’d rather not have you know I am n0t as tough as I appear and I don’t have it all figured out.
          I am like an open book but still, there are things  you might not know, that I want you to know. Firstly, I am one person you’ll love to meet(Mayowa can testify to that or not). I always have my friends back. I love friendship, it keeps people going. I feel bad for people when they tell me they don’t have friends because one person betrayed them. That’s a really sad excuse because they are letting that person play a big part in their life.
People look up to me, some are even my seniors. At times it scares me because, I am expected to know what to do and honestly, Lams just acts like he knows what to do secretly praying it turns out well. I am way smarter than you think. At times I surprise myself. 

I am not ashamed to tell you that, I tried committing suicide before I was even a teenager. Yes, it was a funny story but I tried it and it was an awful attempt. I have once questioned if I was adopted but right now, I am glad to know I am not.

 I had bronchitis and it had a great influence on my childhood. This made me reduce the way I played but, it didn’t stop me from playing; am glad I didn’t stop playing. In primary school, I once tried smoking paper. I was really foolish back then. I don’t smoke or drink. Not that my parents won’t let me, but I don’t fancy the idea. Literally all my close friends drink but it doesn’t move me. 

I have been heartbroken before. I didn’t think my heart was protected by a fire proof but, I didn’t think I would be heartbroken at my age either. I didn’t even think the girl would say no after saying yes and giving me hope. Girls and their indecision; the male specie also suffers from indecision.        

Moving on … 

I ask myself at times if I die today, how many people will miss me? Who will cry? How long will it take before I am forgotten? I don’t know the answers to those questions but, what I know is that a lot of people really care about me. I tried it; I told someone I was changing school and she said, ‘you better be joking because I am not finding it funny’.
 
 I want you to know that my mind is very corrupt but, that doesn’t make me a bad person rather it makes me versatile in knowledge. Knowledge can be good and bad but, it depends on how it is applied. I will never take advantage of drunk girls. I want you to know I have never lost anyone so close so I don’t know how it is to lose someone . So I guess I won’t really know what to say or not to say to a friend that has lost someone but, I will be there anyway. I do not like secrets because it is one of the things that causes problems; I value honesty even when it’s inconvenient. I am not sure these will inspire anyone but, I am happy to share them. Last but not the least; I am one of the best people you’ll ever know.
                                                  ***
Our friends go a long way in shaping our lives so be sure to pick right friends. Respect your parents and BE USEFUL TO YOURSELF. Thank you for reading :D
                                                                                 LAMS .

2 comments:

  1. ❤️❤️ I find this so honest and direct! I really love that you value friendship and respect for your parents!

    I like that you've overcome some of your fears (From what you've written) and that's great! I hope you'll be able to grow to be more confident in yourself as people are and that you'll get over your fear of disappointing people (which can be good sometimes but might also stop you from taking risks, the good kind)

    Hahaha! I love how your heart still beats when you make out! That's so sweet! So precious (don't loose it!)

    Quite a number of children go through times when they doubt their parents and think they are adopted, and try to do extreme things. I for one know I did, I even forgot till I read yours. My attempt was eating sand and water (I know, super lame!). But as my relationship with my parents and siblings got better, the pain, the neglect, the hurt began to fade and now it's a distant memory. I hope and pray that whatever pushed you to yours has/will get better!

    You Sir might not be a writer but you hit home with your candidness. I laughed, and smiled, related, remembered and felt! Lol not to shabby for a non-writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toyolemi!!!!! He was definitely very candid. Even when we voluntarily decide to tell the truth, most of us will still mask the truth with lies which we try to sell as the 'truth'. Thank you for reading as always and for your very very constructive comment.
    I think most of us while growing up must have at some point felt like we were adopted. In Primary 4 or so, I actually packed a bag and was ready to leave the house because I felt I was being maltreated by my mum. but, I couldn't leave because I thought of how i would survive. So I resolved within myself to stay but not be friendly with them. I forgot all about that the next day when my mum took me out to a park. smh. when it seems like our parents are being mean, they are just grooming us to be good people.

    I can boldly testify to the fact that Lams is a pretty good friend just like Toyolemi, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Please share what you think about the article/story you just read. Slante!