Pages

Monday 28 July 2014

Check my track record




There is something I’m very sure I’m not the only one that does and that thing is relaxing after I look at the good results I just had or the project I just executed which was ‘excellento’. I feel proud of myself and unfortunately, that pride in my abilities and results makes me relax and that is one very dangerous attitude…
Very dangerous attitude..
For me, it takes a lot of mental reconstruction and discipline not to relax like this ...
after I have done particularly well forgetting success is a journey and I can’t afford to relax because if I do, my last successful bus stop might be my last and that would be what I will keep referring to. But is that mental reconstruction easy? It is not atleast not for me because I atimes still struggle with it and atimes, I wished I wouldn’t do as well so I could hit my head and tell it to wake up for next time but that’s also silly. It’s so easy for our achievements, comments such as ‘you are so smart’ which is said every time to get to our heads that we think to ourselves that we have arrived. But the truth is, you and I have not ‘arrived’ and we stop ‘arriving’ the minute we think we have arrived.
 We stop ‘arriving’ because we stop putting in as much effort. We stop praying as much and stop taking as much risks and we sit on our past achievements. When people ask what we have achieved, we tell them to check our track record because we are not trying to make new records. Please, we have to forget our past achievements. Yes, remember them once in a while to encourage yourself and tell yourself the same you that made that achievement can make another and even more but please don’t let’s dwell on them because we have far more potentials within us that are waiting to be maximized. When people tell you, you have arrived, remind them of this...


                                                          *********


Whoop! Whoop! mateyscott blog now has its own website  and this time, it’s not only going to be me. I have a fabulous team working with me. Main team are Moyo who wrote hit me hard with your best shot Toy Toy who wrote simply or simply indifferent Emmanuel who pushed me to start the blog from the beginning, My darling MSM who makes me laugh so much I forget to act posh in public. Yes! I’m bringing Super Humans to you and we have more interesting and inspirational contents. We even have a Fashion (Moyo, the fashionista. That babe can dress..!) and Football column and my personal favourite, Ramblings because it’s a platform we can all ramble on and see Toyole’s ramblings. Can I get a yayyy? 
 We are so excited that you will be journeying along with us and we welcome guest posts and general contributions and comments from you. Though this is my last post here, Mayowa is still very much alive and you will be seeing that on this new site. It gets better… It’s no longer going to be a once in a week posting so get ready to have your mind stimulated a lot.

This is only possible because of God who keeps each and every one of us alive despite our unfaithfulness. My biggest thanks goes to Mr Tola who is the main man behind the scene and Mr lanre, the kick ass web designer who brought my design thoughts to life. Thank you to all the silent supporters like Bomy and the active supporters like Ife and Wale. Ife it means so much that you believe so much in this blog. Then Toy Toy, you totally rock although you should get your sleepy ass to work. mateyscott is close to a year old and I really couldn’t have gone this far without all of you amazing people, so a very big thank you and please, We still need your support.

So be sure to subscribe so you can be updated and please, please tell your friends and enemies about mateyscott.com. Also share this post  and lets help create an awareness of this new website.

Stay beautiful darlings and a happy holiday to everyone. Make sure you do something fun before you have to go to work for those of us that are working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share what you think about the article/story you just read. Slante!