Pages

Saturday 25 January 2014

Is anyone reading?

“Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.” ~Mahatma Gandhi

I love cleaning, so my mum takes full advantage of that. I love cleaning but on my own accord; not when I’m forced but my mother a times ask me to help her when I really don’t feel like cleaning. She knows I don’t like being forced and that might make me do a less than perfect job. She therefore leaves me with: “whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well.” My best friend said the same words to me a few days back… smh!

Before I started this blog, I used to just write for fun and mail it to friends. No pressure whatsoever. There is no pressure now per se but, I know now that I have to update the blog constantly. I still write for fun because I enjoy it and I still keep posting even when I’m not sure anyone is reading and when there are no comments. It was frustrating at first when I started the blog and no one seemed to be interested. I was actually going to stop blogging but my smart friend (not saying your name before your head blows out of proportion) spoke to me.
You love writing. That shouldn’t change because now you are posting it on a blog. Who says no one is reading? Even if no one is reading, keep writing and posting for you. You never know who will stumble on your write-ups and be inspired. Also, work more to publicize the blog.
As you might have guessed, I took his advice and here I am still blogging. I saw four dead bodies this week and I kept thinking about how short life is; How death comes a times without warning. So I’m going to do all I can now for myself and others because, I don’t know when my time will be up. I will write for me and those that care to read. Create a platform for release and motivation for myself and others. Obviously, I will be happy to know you are reading and if you leave a comment. It matters but it shouldn’t really matter.

It shouldn’t really matter if you are praised for your work and effort, do it well anyway. It shouldn’t matter if you are receiving external encouragement to keep doing the amazing thing you do, encourage yourself and continue. We never really know who is watching… what we do whether good or bad may seem insignificant to us but, I like to believe everyone has a spectator.

Smile… it just might brighten someone’s day.
Love… it might save someone that only knows hatred.
Write… it might be the words someone is struggling to get out.
Sing… your voice might help lift someone’s spirit.
Do amazing things for you and others. It shouldn’t really matter if you get a thank you. Everything you do comes back to you one way or another. Leave your mark on the sands of time.

Have a good weekend and thank you for reading. You can subscribe to receive posts by mail by clicking on the button by the top right corner J



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share what you think about the article/story you just read. Slante!